Wednesday, March 28, 2012

On the hunt... for Easter eggs!

Easter is almost upon us! This means spring has arrived, with warm and sunny days enticing us outdoors away from the housework, the computer and winter clothes!

On the hunt for Easter eggs

We headed to a birthday party/Easter egg hunt last weekend for a wonderful kick-off to the warm weather. The kids had a blast finding the chocolates hidden across the yard, and I had a blast kicking back for a bit to soak up some sun and chat with my friends.

Lauris showing off his find to Ba-Ba's mom

Strawberries have reappeared in the stores and marcs, Lauris could eat a kilo if I let him. (The other moms we meet have started to bring extra just so Lauris won’t eat them all before their kids get some…) The irresistible red berries inspired my contribution to the potluck party – a fruit bowl. Maybe the day will eventually come when I can get my act together to bake or cook my contribution, but this time (and probably next) my theme was simple, fresh and easy.

Getting the kids to pose took longer than finding all the eggs...

I believe I could have sat in the sunshine all day while Lauris played in the fenced-in yard and Mikus traveled the arms of my friends, but housework and the anticipated arrival of our friends from Chatenet had us saying our goodbyes far too early. Thanks to Marine and Emma for an absolutely lovely afternoon!

The first of the three amigos to turn two. Happy birthday!!!

4 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a great time. I am so sorry I couldn't be there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's ok, we'll see you at the egg coloring!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Liene again for this lovely writing ! I had a great time too ... I am pleased you enjoyed it as well !

      Marine

      Delete
  2. Great idea for a spring birthday party.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...