|The jumja zīme: imagine two crossed stalks of wheat (source here)|
Evergreen huckleberry mini-muffins
(Adapted from a blueberry muffin recipe)
Ingredients:2 cups flour
½ cup sugar
½ tsp salt
4 tsp baking powder
4 tbsp butter
¾ cup milk
1 cup evergreen huckleberries
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F. Toss the blueberries with ¼ cup flour.
2. Mix the remaining flour with the salt and baking powder.
3. Cream the butter and sugar, then add the egg and beat well.
4. Slowly add the flour mixture and the milk, alternating between the two, until a smooth batter results.
5. Fold the berries into the batter.
6. Spoon the batter into your greased muffin tin (or your liners neatly arranged on a pan) and bake until golden brown. Tops should spring back to touch, and a toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean.