10. Size 12 shoes. Yes, that would be about a 45 In France.
9. The grande decaf mocha frappuchino no whip that came with a huge straw!
8. Ease of doing business in English.
7. The jr. bacon cheeseburger with a side of fries and barbecue sauce from Wendy's.
6. Big cars; our Ford back home is huge compared to typical cars in France, but fitting my 6 feet 3 inches into a Ford Flex is just that much easier.
5. The cost of clothes.
4. Missing the heat wave (95+ degrees!) in Clermont-Ferrand this week!
3. Papa John's pizza. Don't have to order sans pomme de terre!
2. Latvians. Although Greenville wasn't overflowing with Latvian-speaking friends, there were more than in Clermont-Ferrand, and currently visiting in the midwest we have all we could wish for.
1. Family. Although the phone, skype and email are wonderful tools, nothing beats a hug from grandfather or a big smooch from greatgrandmother!
|We had a visitor this morning!|